Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sarah Geronimo has a lot to thank for as the Year of the Ox draws to a close


After the phenomenal success at the box office of “A Very Special Love” in 2008, Sarah proved her pulling power by chalking up another record grosser with the sequel, “You Changed My Life” at the start of this year.

But it’s not only on the silver screen that Sarah has proved herself to be crowd drawer.

“Record Breaker,” her concert last month at the Araneta Coliseum, lived up to its name, topping her three previous packed shows at the Big Dome, and certifying her as the new, undisputed concert queen.

As a performer, Sarah is indefatigable. She was on road for the most the year, performing to Pinoy audiences in the US and Europe with The Next One Tour. Upon returning home, she hardly had time to unpack her bags before pushing off again for The Next One Philippine Tour.

In the recording scene, Sarah was also blazing new trails with chart-topping albums. Her “Sarah Geronimo’s Your Christmas Girl,” released just last month, is no. 1 among local Christmas albums.

Not only that, Sarah is on the A-list of the most sought-after commercial endorsers. TV ads and billboards show her promoting food products, cosmetics and computer schools.

“This year has been a truly fulfilling one for me. I have a lot to thank God for,” she admits.

“At this point in my career, I couldn’t ask for anything more. In fact, it makes me even more determined to improve myself because I don’t want to let my fans down. I owe a lot to them.”

Now that election season is approaching, many are wondering if Sarah will be endorsing any candidate. Three presidential bets are said to be after her, but it all depends on her boss, Vic del Rosario.


Source

No comments: