Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sarah embarks on local concert tour


MANILA, Philippines – “He looked depressed most of the time,” said young star Sarah Geronimo of her “You Changed My Life” costar John Lloyd Cruz, who was reported to have broken up recently with long-time girlfriend, magazine editor Liz Uy.

Sarah told a group of writers at lunch on Thursday that she had a preview of the breakup while she and John Lloyd were filming the hit movie. “At first, I didn’t think his being quiet meant anything, bumagay po kasi sa character n’ya [It suited his character]. (John Lloyd plays Miggy, her jealous and troubled boyfriend). When I heard people talk about their split-up, I realized he wasn’t just acting in character.”

Not ready for suitors

Sarah said she and John Lloyd never got to discuss the issue. “So I ask everyone to respect [the ex-couple’s] decision to keep mum,” she said.

In a separate interview, John Lloyd refused to confirm the breakup. He told reporters that the issue was very sensitive, and that, in time, “I’ll probably be able to give you clear answers.”

Sarah added: “I wish I had something inspiring to say to him to make him feel better, but I had none. I’ve never been in a relationship.”

The singer-actress said that at 20, she still wasn’t ready for a serious commitment. “I feel flattered when guys show interest in me. Maybe when I turn 24 or 25, pwede na po umakyat ng ligaw sa bahay [they can court me].”

Singer Mark Bautista has been vocal about liking Sarah. Of late, she is being linked to Mark Herras, whom she got to perform with out-of-town. “I didn’t even get to really talk with Mark. We were introduced when it was already time to perform,” she explained. “It’s not true that we send text messages to each other, or that we chat on the Net.”

Sarah said she was preparing for the re-staging of her highly successful “Sarah Geronimo: The Next One” concert. The tour starts June 12 at the De La Salle Centrum in Lipa City, Batangas.

She is also promoting the DVD version of the “Next One” concert, which features Sarah singing with Backstreet Boys member Howie Dorough via video, her duet with John Lloyd, and performances from Billy Crawford and Jed Madela, among others.

While many were clamoring for a follow-up to the successful team-up with John Lloyd (“A Very Special Love” and “You Changed My Life”), Sarah said this would not happen until next year. “We’re still looking for the perfect material.”

Sarah was asked to comment on on-line messages from fans pitting her against equally talented singer Charice Pempengco.

Different singing styles

Sarah’s fans were reportedly angered when Charice allegedly said Sarah may be a popular performer in Manila, but she (Charice) is the more sought-after abroad. “She probably didn’t mean anything bad. Charice is an inspiration to all Filipinos who dream of making it big internationally. Totoo naman po na sikat na si Charice [It’s true that Charice is popular],” said Sarah.

She also pointed out that she and Charice have different singing styles: “’Di ko po kaya ang puro birit [I can’t belt all the time]. At 20, I already know my preference in music. I enjoy singing songs I can also dance to.”

After June 12, Sarah will perform in Pampanga on June 20, Dagupan City on June 26, Cagayan de Oro on July 3, Bacolod City on July 17, Cebu City on July 31, Iloilo City on Aug. 21, Tacloban City on Aug. 28 and Davao City on Sept. 20


Source

No comments: